Skip to content

The Park Came Back to Us

The Park Came Back to Us

The Pagoda at Point Defiance Park has an address that gives away its secret: Trolley Lane. Built in 1913 as a streetcar terminus — the end of the line from downtown Tacoma — it's the reason the park exists at all. In 1888 the land became a park on one condition: build the streetcar line. It opened in 1890 and carried Tacoma's first visitors out to Owen Beach.

Historical reference + AI illustration Composite by the Grey Revolution

Add The Grey Revolution on Google